Wednesday, December 23, 2009

When making pot roast why do cooks put so much vegetables in the pot with it?I just eat the roast?

Can pot roast be made without the vegetables?What else can be done to them to make them look tasty?Maybe drain the broth in a bowl and mix them in it.When making pot roast why do cooks put so much vegetables in the pot with it?I just eat the roast?
I put vegetables in my pot roast because I LIKE it that way... Yes, you can make it without vegetables if that's the way you like it. There's no law demanding pot roast be made any specific way.When making pot roast why do cooks put so much vegetables in the pot with it?I just eat the roast?
A pot roast is a fairly cheap and tough piece of meat. In leaner times,lol (i.e the depression, and rationing during WW2) adding vegetables was a way to stretch the meat and feed a large family.


You don't have to add the vegetables if you don't want to.


I do usually start off with a finely chopped onion cooked in a chopped up piece of bacon in a dutch oven, brown my meat (which I let marinate in soy sauce, worchester sauce and a little left over black coffee) add the marinade back, put the dutch oven in the oven (lid on) for an hour or two, take the meat out add a little flour to the ';juice'; and make a gravy out of it..
for flavour %26amp; to round out the meal


You could thicken the juices left to make a gravy or sauce OR add a different sauce to them. You could also save the veggies for soup or add them to a chili.
The veggies add flavor and also may it so that you have a meal in a pot.





The original one dish meal.
They do that so that after you eat all the roast there's something left for them.
  • hair highlight ideas
  • oil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment