Sunday, December 27, 2009

I'm making my brother's grooms cake, and I need help figuring out how much batter I need to fill the large?

14 inch by 2 inch round cake pan? His favorite cake is a cinnamon streusal bundt cake that I make for him every year, and he has asked that if I could make a large round cake of the cinnamon streusal for his groom's cake. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!I'm making my brother's grooms cake, and I need help figuring out how much batter I need to fill the large?
20 cups will make 2 layers in a 14 x 2 round cake pan.I'm making my brother's grooms cake, and I need help figuring out how much batter I need to fill the large?
probably a double of what you normally do but I would go ahead and make 3 times the normal amount fill your pan to about 1/2 '; for the top and use the rest in a bundt pan for your self or a dinner party dessert. you can also make it extra bundt pan and freeze it for later. Good luck and tell your brother congratulations on his upcoming nuptials
http://www.joyofbaking.com/PanSizes.html


http://www.baking911.com/pantry/substitu鈥?/a>





There you go!





It's really quite easy to find the answers to such things without turning to other people--just use the Google search, try this out:


Volume of baking pans


Volume of cake pans


Et cetera...just type in what you want!





These are the types of charts I use in a pro kitchen.
Measure and fill the cake pans with water first. Then you'll know how many cups of batter you'll need.

No comments:

Post a Comment