Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How can I remove wall paper border with out making a mess of the walls?

It is at the top of the wall where the wall meets the ceiling... The paint is new, but I don't like the border so I want to remove it, any tips appreciated... Thank you ! :o)How can I remove wall paper border with out making a mess of the walls?
Buy a product called Diff. Follow the instruction on the bottle and it should peel right off.How can I remove wall paper border with out making a mess of the walls?
There's this stuff called DIF (not sure what it stands for), but it works sooooo good! You can get it in the paint section at walmart. It's like a blue color and it comes in a spray bottle that looks like windex. You can also get a big huge bottle of it, but for a border you really wouldn't need that much. You just spray it on the border and let it sit a few minutes and it comes right off. No scraping or anything.
warm water with a few drops of dawn in it worked for me. Just wet it with a sponge, should come off.
The local brand name is ';sugar soap'; and it's good for cleaning painted walls. It helps remove sticky tape residue from posters.





I put some in a squirt bottle %26amp; used it to remove the border wallpaper in the house I recently bought.
This is often involved with me at work, due to being a drywall finisher. There is no real way of doing it without being messy. Best to cover floor, furniture, ect...I use a small pump sprayer like ones to use when spraying yards or gardens with weedkiller.I use a 50/50 solution of vinigar and water. saturate the area thoughally, let sit for 5-10 minutes, then carefully using a drywall knife(preferably a 8'; broadblade) and scrape at an angled motion. remaining residue asually washes of with hot water and soap. They also make a tool with jagged wheels to puncture the paper and allow the solution to work quicker and more easily. This has damged the under lying texture before, so I do not use. Try this, it works as well and better than the high priced products available at supply houses.
Use a hot damp sponge. Wet the border and slowly remove the border as you go a section at a time. Wipe excess water off wall when complete or during process.
u can use steam


wal-mat or k- mart should have like a portable steam gun

No comments:

Post a Comment