Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What term signifies the shortening of ideas used in making scientific write-up?

I remember this term being first introduced in my experimental psychology class. Sounded like somebody's name and then scythe/reaver attached to it. It is used to connote the shortening of ideas or words used in making scientific write-up or theories, or the usage of the simplest explanation when coming up with a theory or principle.What term signifies the shortening of ideas used in making scientific write-up?
I think you're referring to ';Occam's Razor,'; though what that has to do with ';shortening of ideas or words'; I cannot imagine. ';Shortening words'; is called ';abbreviation,'; and ';shortening of ideas'; is a nonsense term. Do you mean SIMPLIFYING ideas? Creating a HYPOTHESIS? Anyway, look up Occam's razor on wikipedia.com or ask.com; two years ago I taught a class on its applicability to as many fields of study or discourse as I could fit into a semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment