Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What is making my door locks on my truck act crazy?

Help! I have a 2002 Dodge Durango and all of a sudden the door locks started locking and unlocking on their own. This is driving me nuts! It doesn't even matter if the keys are in the ignition or not. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this! My hubby called the dealership and they have never heard of this!What is making my door locks on my truck act crazy?
the actuator could be failing. The actuator is what controls the locks. I had to get mine changed. It was about 200 dollars in and Chevrolet van.What is making my door locks on my truck act crazy?
Kind of a process of elimination. First, disconnect the master drivers door switch - if the problem is solved, you have a defective switch assembly - if not, reconnect it and do the same to each of the remaining switches. Still not solved?


If your vehicle has a lock controller module (locks when put in gear, for instance), disconnect it and see if it solves the concern.


In the mean time, I strongly suggest that you remember to keep the keys on your person anytime you leave the vehicle.
had this problem. it is one of the door lock switches sticking. sit in every seat an hit the door handle by the door lock switch.not so hard you get things to break but hard enough to get the door to rattle. the door that is causing the problem will act up when you hit the door. or rock the switch and see if on feels different than the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment