Wednesday, December 23, 2009

When making lasagna do the noodles have to be cooked or can you put them in the pan with everything else?

I've never had a problem before with regular noodles, but every recipe I look at says to boil noodles al dente or use oven ready.When making lasagna do the noodles have to be cooked or can you put them in the pan with everything else?
No, you can put them in the pan uncooked, just make sure you have plenty of sauce, and that you cover the pan with foil and bake about 45 min to 1 hour, then uncover and brown the top (cheese). The edges of the noodles (around the edge of the pan) won't be as cooked as the center, but it works. It's so much easier than cooking the noodles then trying to put it together with the noodles tearing up while layering them. Also much cheaper than the oven-ready noodles. Hope this helps.When making lasagna do the noodles have to be cooked or can you put them in the pan with everything else?
For best results, you should boil before baking.
I always use oven ready noodles.For best results,you should boil the regular kind first.
Alot of lasagna noodles now are made specifically so that you don't have to boil them first. I know that Muellers makes one.
You don't have to cook the noodles at all ... just make sure you cover everything with sauce and seal the pan with tin foil. It works everytime.
They make no boil noodles. I have never used them.


I boil mine but just until they are al dente (still have a bit of a bite)


However when I make my crockpot lasagna it calls for simply breaking apart the regular noodles, after about 3 1/2 hours they are done.
They need to be cooked or they will turn out very tuft
When I make it, I boil the noodles first.
I always buy the oven ready kind , not sure about the regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment