Sunday, December 27, 2009

When making chiles rellenos, how do I remove the seeds?

without having to remove the stem or having the chile fall apart? I love them but the seeds ruin them for me.When making chiles rellenos, how do I remove the seeds?
Just Cut them lengthwise and scoop them out with a teaspoon


By the way this is my favorite recipe for Relleno's if your interested and I am so jealous, I am sitting here with a bowl of microwave popcorn!!!





oohh ohhh i love those!!!





PAPAS RELLENOS





coat them in beaten eggs, then flour!


sautee until kinda soft,


make your papas.... Mashed potatoes, with onion, pepper, sour cream


jalepeno is optional


make a slice lengthwise on each relleno


stuff the papas inside the relleno


bake @ 400 for about 1/2 hour covered


top with a red sauce...


I was a manager at a top mexican rest in NY and this was how we made them.... it was one of our top sellers!!!When making chiles rellenos, how do I remove the seeds?
Cut a slit in the chile long ways (all the way down the chile). Then clean out the inside using your hand. Then you can stuff the chilis with cheese. My mom usually batters and fries them, so the batter seals the chili shut where she slices it open to clean out the seeds. If you can't get them to stay together, use a toothpick to hold it while they cook. Just remember to remove the toothpicks before you serve them. The sauce is really the key. I look a good tomato sauce with onions and chili in the sauce itself. Pour the sauce over the top, and joila! Don't be afraid to slice open the chili and cut off the stem. You don't intend to eat the stem, do you?
u just cut a slit and take em out!!


MMMM....so ur making chiles rellenos yummmm!


I 鈾?chiles rellenos !!! :D LoL!

No comments:

Post a Comment