Sunday, December 27, 2009

What do I do with the leftover gravy after making pot roast?

I made a wonderful pot roast in the slow cooker with onions mushrooms and carrots. Now the roast is almost gone and I still have a put full of the gravy that I dont want to waste. Any ideas?What do I do with the leftover gravy after making pot roast?
i like leftover gravy on toast or you can mix it with cooked egg noodles and any leftover roast or cooked hamburgerWhat do I do with the leftover gravy after making pot roast?
You can freeze it! Another idea is to put it in an ice cube tray and take out a cube or two to use as seasoning for soups or other dishes you might want to make. You can also dilute it with beef broth and diced tomatoes to make the basis for a good minestrone soup.
Mashed potatoes or chicken (country) fried steak. Or shepherd's pie!
you can freeze it in sall containers for future use.


I like it warmed up on a piece of bread.
You can freeze the gravy.


Redd
Use it for the base for a chili, soup or stew.


Use ground beef, boy will it be exra good with that 1st. layer of flavor.
My Mom always uses it as a base for soup. She uses any leftover beef, adds some veggies like potatoes, carrots, green beans, corn, or whatever you like. You can add water and/or canned cut up tomatoes to thin the broth. She serves it with hot bread. It is great!
I have done the freeze thing that other have spoken of and used the gravy as a base for beef stew. Or get some sliced roast beef from the deli


and start with toasted bread triangles or points. Pile with fresh mashed potatoes put the beef on top then finally top it with you own wonderful gravy warmed. Mmmm love this stuff, by adding some extra 'shrooms they are even better
If you have a dog mix it in its dry food, the dog will think its getting a special treat
* I'll freeze it for later use.
  • hair highlight ideas
  • oil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment