Friday, January 8, 2010

What would you do to make your cat stop ';making his way'; with a childs stuffed animal?

Okay, I have a male cat that has just discovered ';his pleasure sensor.'; Anyway, he takes ';advantage'; of 1 stuffed animal that's a cat. I have hidden this thing plenty of times, and he seems to always find it, or get to it. I havn't had the chance to get him fixed yet, but I was wondering, if getting him fixed will resolve this issue. What do you think, and what would you do?


Thanks.What would you do to make your cat stop ';making his way'; with a childs stuffed animal?
I bought “Rescue Remedy” for my anxious cat. It’s a calming herbal drop (or spray) that is used mostly by people but they’ve found that it is helpful for pets too. I found it at Whole Foods Market but the website is http://www.rescueremedy.com/pets/ . I put a few drops in my cat’s water dishes and plan to give him a drop on his nose tomorrow when he travels in the car with me. I’ve got my fingers crossed. Good Luck.What would you do to make your cat stop ';making his way'; with a childs stuffed animal?
Why not make that toy his very own ';pleasure toy,';LOL! I can't tell you if neutering will help,because all of my cats are neutered or spayed,all 16 of them,and there are a few who delight in molesting one another,and one of them ';has his way'; with his ';blankie'; everyday.I don't know how to stop them,especially when they've already been fixed.It is a bit disgusting,but they are just cats and don't know any better. Good luck!
Get him fixed and lock the toy up. To my knowledge, cats don't have opposable thumbs and can't open locks.
get him laid, thats what he wants!
Getting him fixed should do the job. If money is an issue contact your local shelter or resuce for lost cost spay/neuter info in your area. The sooner you get him done, the better it will be for you both.
Get your animal fixed to start with and then get rid of the stuffed animal or you can buy stuff at any pet store to stop an animal from doing just about anything.
I would suggest neutering as well, although I would suggest, it is less tramatic for the animal at a young age, and they do get rid of all the bad habits but they are still generally active and playful.





Try and buy it a scratch post and put catnip on it now and then and then maybe it will ';bond'; or so with the post and scratch at it. I hope the best of luck as I dont have that much experience with cats because they've never been that much trouble for me.





OH YEAH, Declawing is another one, that will stop it right away, it isn't that cruel as people say it is, what does the cat honestly have to use those for anyway if you want it to be gental and what not.





Both in my opinion if were going to be emotionally damaging, I think that declawing would settle him down more, meanwhile neutering may not have any effect to this but gets rid of the bad behavior.
Yes, neutering will most likely stop his sexual urges and be healthier for him.


I'd hate to see what that stuffed animal looks like now. Yikes.


: )
After my male house cat got neutered he stopped that behavior. He actually became lazier and is a lot more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment