Friday, January 8, 2010

In making Sicilian Pasta, could you substitute the celery stalks with any other veg?

Are you referring to the celery used in the sofritto at the start of the process? The best combination for this, I find, is celery, carrot, shallot and a bit of garlic. I tend not to use a substitute for the celery and just add some extra shallot or onion. Its difficult really to suggest anything but I do sometimes us a bit of finely diced sweet pepper in the base mixture for the sauce.In making Sicilian Pasta, could you substitute the celery stalks with any other veg?
I have a huge herb in my garden called lovage. It has a celery flavour. I use it in dishes that require celery. It also makes wonderful soup. It is very easy to grow. Maybe some gardeners round you may have some.In making Sicilian Pasta, could you substitute the celery stalks with any other veg?
zuchinni's are amazing in any pasta dish !

No comments:

Post a Comment